Laverty Pathology aims to deliver a service to hospitals with a focus on partnership. Our aim is to enable better care to:
- help doctors care for their patients through the provision of quality pathology services, information and advice to assist with diagnosis and clinical management decisions.
- support better health care through education. To share our knowledge, expertise and research with other medical practitioners and health professionals, patients, students and the community.
- support staff wellbeing and employer’s duty of care obligations through healthy and safe work environments.
- support the community’s right to better public health and health awareness education by assisting with the delivery of quality care across the continuum of health care including acute, aged residential, community and office-based practice.
- provide the best possible health care services to our patients. Services that are compassionate, reliable and caring, and respect their right to dignity and confidentiality.
Laverty Pathology currently services seven hospitals within NSW and Laverty Pathology is the leader in providing pathology services to public hospitals nationally. This requires appropriate clinical governance and reporting standards as well as medical consulting, teaching, education and training of clinical staff. Additionally, Laverty Pathology has a quality focus with plans in place to ensure maintenance of ACHS and NATA accreditation. Regular performance reviews are conducted with clients and staff and we have a detailed methodology for documentation of all clinical procedures.
We strive to combine exceptional people with exceptional service to deliver unlimited possibilities. Our specialist pathologists are leaders in their fields. We understand the needs of clinical medicine and the science of diagnosis. Pathologist advice – for test ordering, diagnosis and management – is available 24 hours, seven days per week.
We can help you with your information needs, from electronic result delivery to test ordering profiles and outcomes data. We can assist you to make informed decisions by providing you with hard data.
Our challenge for the future is to stay at the forefront of pathology service in the ever-changing landscape of health care delivery. Strong partnerships with doctors, hospitals and the community will continue to be central to our focus.
By continuing to harness the best possible people, and embracing innovation, new technology and information, we are confident we will continue to be leaders in pathology.
If you would like more information on our services please feel free to contact us. Our Medical Liaison team will work with you to customise our service to meet your needs. We are here to listen – and deliver.