Your Antibiogram Report
- Assists you to comply with items 3.2 and 3.14 of the National Safety and Quality Health Service Standard 3.
- Shows the resistance patterns of your organisms for the previous year.
- Useful to review your empiric antibiotic guidelines.
- According to national and international guidelines, only the first isolate of an organism recovered from each patient during the year is used to calculate the percentage of susceptibility for each given species. This is done to prevent the over reporting of resistance.
- Methods used are based upon the recommendations of the Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI) and the Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care.
Your Antibiogram Report presents:
- Blood culture data – full antibiogram (top 10 organisms isolated for your institution)
- Urine culture data – full antibiogram (top 5 organisms isolated for your institution)
- Collated non-urine culture data – full antibiogram (top 10 isolated for your institution)
- 15 specific organisms with full antibiogram data from your institution
- We require your Medical Director or CEO to inform us that you require access to this annual report.
- We will create a secure user name and password for you to access the reports.
- Reports can be received by different recipients to the available ‘Infection Control Reports’.
For more information, please email AntibiogramReport@sdspathology.com.au.
To discuss the Antibiogram Report, please contact:
Dr Juliette Holland, Medical Microbiologist on (02) 9005 7275 or Dr Ruvanika Rajapakse