A commitment to quality is the basis of all our partnerships with referring doctors. It’s all about improving each patient’s care.
When you partner with us, you can be assured that all our facilities and services have obtained the highest level of accreditation available in Australia.
- Our laboratory services are accredited by the National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA).
- An extensive internal Quality Control Program is evident throughout all areas of testing.
- Participation in continuous external Quality Assurance Programs of the Royal College of Pathologists (RCPA).
- What’s more, we have accreditation and compliance with Quality Management Standards that include Australian Standard AS ISO 15189 – Medical Laboratories – Particular requirements for quality and competence.
- We also have accreditation to Australia/New Zealand Standard AS 4308:2008 and AS 4760:2006 (Sec 2,4,5).
- In fact, we are the only Australian network with TGA (Therapeutic Goods Administration 2013 Code of GMP and to TGO88) accreditation of a laboratory facility. We also comply with Breath Samples: Australian Standard AS3547.
- Our pathologists are Fellows of the Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia and participate in ongoing professional development.
Development and Training
As part of our ongoing commitment to premium patient care, we work closely with our referring medical practitioners to continuously improve our understanding of laboratory medicine and diagnostics. Ultimately, we’re dedicated to educating and training our employees and all referring doctors in the latest medical diagnostics and their application to quality patient care.
Laverty Pathology is one of the country’s largest providers and hosts of professional development events for GPs. We’re also the largest private trainer of specialist pathology registrars in Australia. In fact, the Primary Health Care Institute has been set up specifically to provide certificate level qualifications for all our employees.