Drug and Alcohol Testing Services
Laverty Pathology is the leading supplier of on-site or at-home testing kits nationwide. In fact, more Australians use these kits than any other testing products on the market.
We also supply a variety of on-site “instant” test kits to help you make more informed decisions on issues that might otherwise compromise your health or safety. What’s more we ensure that our testing kits are reliable and validated against laboratory standards.
Please note, however, that the “instant” test kit results can’t be relied on for medical or legal purposes simply because they don’t cover the chain of custody requirements in specimen handling. They’re also not confirmed by the “gold standard” laboratory-based liquid/gas chromatography and mass spectrometry analysis.
Home kits are also subject to falsely positive and falsely negative results that may be caused by medications and other factors. This means that their accuracy and reliability should be classified as “peace of mind” status only.
At-home illicit drug testing products - urine-based.
Laverty Pathology is the exclusive supplier of the Alere™ Cup2. This cup-style device gives a presumptive positive or negative result for the drug classes it covers in five to eight minutes. These cups are the most widely used kit for on-site testing due to the quick turnaround of results and their ability to test for adulterants that rule out specimen tampering during the collection process.
The Alere™ Cup2 features:
- Confirmation to Australian Standard AS4308
- Tests for the presence of 5 – 9 active compounds, including:
- Amphetamines (AMP)
- Methamphetamine (mAMP)
- Opiates (OPI)
- Benzodiazepines (BZO)
- Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)
- Built-in adulterant test to prevent tampering
- Built-in Creatinine test to prevent specimen dilution
- Screw lock lid to prevent leakage
- Result interpretation guide
- Split specimen sampling for easy in-built lab confirmation
- No keys or activation steps
At home illicit drug testing products - saliva-based.
Urine testing has long been considered as the standard for all on-site drug testing however saliva testing is becoming more widely used.
The Rapid Oral Fluid Test which tests for the seven main illicit drug groups and is used mainly for personal usage giving a presumptive result in ten minutes.
The Rapid Oral Fluid Test features:
- Screening for 7 drugs metabolites in oral fluid
- Simultaneous detection of all 7 metabolites
- Results available after 10 minutes
- Easy interpretation of results
- Kits may be stored at room temperature