Irritable Bowel Syndrome Kits
IBS Hydrogen/Methane Breath Test Kits
Laverty's Gastrolab is Australia's largest provider of on-site and at-home hydrogen/methane breath tests.
These tests diagnose malabsorption of fermentable carbohydrates (FODMAPs) including fructose and lactose, and small intestinal bacterial overgrowth. Both conditions are leading causes of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) symptoms which include abdominal pain, cramping or discomfort, bloating, diarrhoea and/or constipation, and excess flatulence.
These highly specific and sensitive diagnostic tools will allow you and your GP to make more informed decisions on the management of your IBS symptoms. What’s more, you can choose from a variety of kits for both adults and children.
IBS Kit features include:
- Simple, convenient and non-invasive procedure
- Time and cost effective (compared with on-site testing)
- Samples can be stored at room temperature. No refrigeration required.
- Tamper-evident packaging and parcel post tracking
- Analysis using gold standard gas chromatography instrumentation that measures for breath hydrogen (H2), methane (CH4), and CO2 correction factor (ensuring quality samples)
Test Kits available for purchase:
- Fructose - for fructose malabsorption. Fructose is found in fruits, vegetables, processed/sweetened foods, and honey.
- Lactose – for lactose malabsorption. Lactose is found in milk and dairy products.
- Sorbitol – for sorbitol malabsorption. Sorbitol is found in fruits and as a sugar substitute in sugar-free and diet foods.
- Sucrose – for sucrose malabsorption. Sucrose is found in processed foods, fruits and vegetables.
- Mannitol – for mannitol malabsorption. Mannitol is found in some vegetables and as a sugar substitute in sugar-free and diet foods.
- Glucose & Lactulose – for investigation of proximal and distal small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO).